Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pictures to Remember - Hearse

I’ve been trying to get a good picture of this for months now. It’s one of those situations where I never have my camera on the right day. I actually caught myself saying the other day, “Dang it! All the good hearses are only out on Sundays.” After that day I set an alarm to bring a camera with us for the drive to and from church. Still none yet, but Brian was able to snag this beauty while he was out doing errands today. He’s a good man, don’t you think?

 

I think this is the coolest hearse I’ve ever seen. It says, “Hey world! Look at me!” in a reverent Pope-mobile sort of way. Some things catch me by surprise here and this is one of them. It’s just so ornate and loud for my reserved and solemn sort of cultural attitude to funerals, but who’s to say my way is the right way. I wish I could attend a funeral, but it feels like it would be disrespectful to intrude upon a family. Still I wonder, is it a celebration? Full of sadness? Ritual prayer? What does the average person do for their funeral here?

No comments: