Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Too Short! Maddie's First Haircut

In anticipation of a family photo shoot on Saturday, our shaggy Ben got a haircut yesterday. I really do want to have a longer do for him, but this is the third time I have made a valiant attempt with no success. I get it cut pretty well, but it just won't lay right. I have heard kid hair is more prone to that. I don't know if that is right or not. In the end, we went back with the same old cut with the longest rake on the clippers and tapered sides. Oh well. Maybe it will work next time.
After Ben was done, Maddie, of course, wanted her turn. She always asks, but this time I decided it was time. I think it's hard for every mom to do the first haircut on their kids. This was Maddie's first trim at 2 1/2 years old. It was getting a bit shaggy in the back. I just wanted to clean it up a little, tiny bit. I only cut the back scraggly parts, but it bounced up and now feels way too short.

1 comment:

Laura said...

If it makes you feel any better, Beth was nearly 3 1/2 before her first cut.