Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

King George

A little geography lesson for those not in the DC area. Some of the counties surrounding the official District of Columbia include Prince William County (Virginia), Prince George County (Maryland) and King George County (Virginia). I think it's kind of funny since we fought a war to get away from all that king stuff. Today I had the tv on in the kitchen listening to the morning news. We don't usually have it on so Maddie Mae doesn't hear the reports very often. When the traffic report came on she keyed in to a single phrase in the King George report. "Ahhh?!?! Mom! They just said King George! I wonder where he is!?!?" I snickered and let her little princess mind explore the possibilities for a minute, not wanting to squelch her excitement dreaming of the royal possibilites. The news continued on and she heard something-something "King George" something-something "hospital." "Oh!! He's at the hospital today!!" Mystery solved. King George is in our neighborhood today and he is at the hospital. Brian called soon after that from work. I recounted the story for his entertainment while Maddie listened. I misspoke and told him Prince George or Prince William. Maddie QUICKLY corrected me. "No, Mom! It was talking about King George!! Not the Prince." My apologies my sweet princess.

No comments: