Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, September 12, 2008

Even A Little Bit Can Really Hurt

Anyone ever had a lesson where someone makes a pan of brownies that look fantastic. Then they tell you they found a super, super tiny piece of poop and put it in the mix. Don't worry, it was just a little bit, it shouldn't make that much difference? Point being that even a little bit of a bad influence can taint something? A friend wanted to do something nice for me and offered to take me to lunch at the mall as a thank you gesture. Sounds good. I'm allergic to seafood, but anything else would be great! She picked a restaurant called "Todai: Japanese sushi and seafood restaurant". Okay. They assure me there will be plenty of chicken, beef and other things to eat. I'm nervous, but agree to go. Everything I ate was great and there was quite a selection. At exactly one hour after our lunch, I got sick, really sick, in the bathroom at JCPenny. If it is going to happen, it is always within minutes of exactly of eating the seafood. I had already gone out to the truck and loaded up the kids when we had to run back inside...FAST! We found the signs to the restroom and I was sweating and feeling like I was going to die. The elevator took about 3 minutes to come and I thought I would loose it while we waited. We got in, got out and searched desperately, quickly. I got to the restroom and grabbed the kids, both barefoot now and ran into the stall. Yuck. We hung out for a while until I could gather myself together again. I'm sure we looked classy, barefoot in the bathroom with a wild eyed mom. Lesson learned...trust my instincts. If someone wants to thank me at a place ripe with cross-contamination issues...just say no. I'll be happier in the end. Gospel lesson learned...even a little bit of exposure can leave it's mark on you. Guard yourself against all evil influences.

No comments: