Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

World's Most Expensive Dinner Rolls

I thought I needed to take a picture of the world's most expensive dinner rolls so I could remember them forever. They really cost me a bundle.
I invited a lot of people over for dinner last night because we thought it would be fun to have company help celebrate Maddie's birthday with us and we love to entertain. There were 23 people, so I doubled the roll recipe to make 4 dozen or more rolls.
I was within the guidelines of the Kitchen Aid Mixer restrictions on how many cups of flour I can use, but it still gave up the ghost. At 37 seconds to go before they were done, the mixer turned itself off. Ugh. I quickly turned the switch off and unplugged it. About two minutes later some light wispy smoke started wafting gently out of the motor casing. Double ugh. I let it cool completely and with very little hope, but a tiny little prayer, tried to turn it on. Nothing.
What's a girl to do? It only has a 3 year warranty and it lasted me 8 years. I guess I cut my losses and be happy with what I got out of it. Still, those rolls are the most expensive rolls I'll ever make. Maybe I need to upgrade to a Bosch. They are cheaper and have almost double the power rating for the motor as Kitchen Aid... Yeah!! Then I will triple the roll recipe just because I CAN...

No comments: