Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

That Makes Me Want to Be Sick

Last night Maddie went down to bed at about 8 o'clock. Around 10 o'clock, she came walking a bit aimlessly into our room. No binkie. No plan. No real need. We looked at her and asked what she needed. No response. She just stared ahead and stood in the doorway. I went over to her and sat next to her, no response. She walked past me to the rocking chair, touched it, turned around, walked back, walked to Brian, you get the picture. We started wondering if she was sleepwalking. Anyway, it went on for a while, she never responded. Finally, she laid down on the carpet near the bathroom door and wiggled a while until she fell asleep. After 20 minutes or so, she started whimpering. I went to check on her and she had vomited on the floor. I quickly picked her up and ran to the bathroom sink where she proceeded to vomit more than a 2 year old stomach could possibly hold. She was miserable. Finally, we had her wiped down and she must have felt a little bit better because all of a sudden, she said she wanted a bath. No problem, she had vomit chunks in her hair anyway. She took a half hour bath at 10:30 and enjoyed herself completely. When she got out, she couldn't seem to get warm for a while and just wanted to snuggle by laying on top of my stomach (less than comfortable for me right now). At 11 o'clock Brian took her out to read books downstairs and I went to sleep. We had no more problems other than she wasn't willing to sleep until about midnight. Brian slept on the floor in her room just in case and stayed home from work for the morning with Maddie quarantined in our bedroom while I taught preschool. Tonight Ben started asking questions about how we knew Maddie had "tummy yuckies" as we call them in our house. I told him about Maddie and Dad's night together. He thought for a while and said, "That makes me want to be sick!" We laughed and told him he would have to feel terrible inside too and that wasn't fun. After I sent him to bed, he started saying, "Mom, I think I feel sick, but the tummy yuckies just aren't coming."

No comments: