Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Coming Home from Scout Camp

Ben had his first Boy Scout campout last weekend. He had a great time and received the "Most Prepared Considering Experience Level" award. Because of security concerns they actually camped inside our compound. Because I'm on the scout committee I dropped in once a day to see how things were going but they seemed to have everything covered so I stayed home most the time and gave him his space to be a boy.

 

On Saturday around lunch time it was time to go pick him and his gear up. Because we can't drive here, we obviously don't have cars. My options to get his stuff home were:

a)      lug it across the compound (it's pretty far)

b)      dial zero and call the golf cart from the office to come get us

c)       be an engineer and come up with a way to manage my own problem with class

 

I chose "c". I used our electric scooter for myself then tied a rope on the kids wagon and hooked it on my shoulder. I think it was genius!

 

Fingers crossed we can try desert camping some day.




This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com


No comments: