Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, May 23, 2008

Best Doctor in the World

I don't think there is a better doctor in the world than mine. We went in for our first appointment for the pregnancy. I was about 10 weeks along. He did an ultrasound on my belly only and got some cool pictures. I didn't wait this long to go in with the other two, but I'll never go in early again. The ultrasound pictures actually look like a baby, not an alien. It was so much more fun this time having a baby, not a blob... My due date is Dec 15 for now. Then the doctor said he thought we might, maybe be a week farther along than I thought. He'll confirm at the 20 week appointment with the detail measurements they do at the big ultrasound and maybe we can move my due date up a week. Next he said I am no longer a candidate for a VBAC, so a c-section is mandatory for me. He doesn't want to risk me starting into labor, so he generally delivers 2 weeks early for the 3rd c-section. So, in a matter of 15 minutes, he shortened my pregnancy about 3 weeks. I'm in love with him... As long as the baby is sufficiently cooked, we may have the baby as early as Nov 24! We'll come home, probably on Thanksgiving Day and relax the weekend without Brian having to take any vacation time. It's all in my dream world still, but maybe it will work out. The only down side, I won't exactly be up to shopping on the day after Thanksgiving and I'm sure that there will be something on sale that I absolutely must have. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our children, huh?

No comments: