Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ben is Lucifer

Does that title rub you the wrong way like it does me? Even still, the fact remains that Ben keeps running around the house saying with loud acclaim, "I'm Lucifer! I'm Lucifer!" One of Ben and Maddie's most common play themes for the last six months has been that Ben is a cat and Maddie is his mother. There have been many, many days when my children have been characters more than they are my children. Ben always loves to be a cat. Just a cat. Always a cat. Maddie is always a mother, but she can be a mother of all sorts of varieties. She can be a people mother, cat mother, dog mother, mean step-mother, Angie mother, regular mother, princess mother, robot mother, mermaid mother, doctor mother and many other kinds of mothers. Due to Maddie's recent obsession with Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty she has over time worn down Ben's resistance to pink and princess so that he will watch Cinderella with her. His favorite character in the movie is the cat Lucifer. He thinks Lucifer is really funny, so he wants to be Lucifer when he pretends to be a cat. It doesn't quite sit right with me when he runs about the house telling people he is Lucifer. When put in context, it isn't that bad, but it just doesn't feel right. For now, I choose to let it go. He knows who Satan is. That is good enough for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bah-ha-ha!! That is sooo funny. Well, I have to admit, I love Lucifer in Cinderella. He is the comic relief. What is Cinderella without that darn cat? I read your post an couldn't help laugh especially since Ben is giving me the evil eye from the photo above. Ha! Coincidence...? Maybe. :-]) hee, hee.

Verity said...

Ha-ha! I'm glad I read the post--I was concerned at first! :)