Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Insurance - Explanation of BEN-e-fits

Today we got a copy of the insurance company Explanation of Benefits. My first thought was, "Weird. I have a monsterous stack of things to submit but being international means NOTHING is automatic. How could they have known about an appointment we had this year?"
 
Upon further inspection I saw that the service date was August 2007. Yes.  2007.  That's over four years ago for a surgery Ben had. Seriously? Four years later? What rotten book keeping!!  Ben was reading over my shoulder and I laughed as I realized how OLD this thing was. Wondering what was so funny, I explained to my 7 1/2 year old that I was reading a bill, for lack of a better explanation, for something that happened when he was 3 years old.
 
He started reading to figure it out and saw in big bold letters across the top of the page and read to me, "Explanation of BEN-e-fits. Is that about me?"
"Well, yeah, but not exactly how you think." Laughing out loud I asked him, "If it was for Maddie do you think it would say, 'Explanation of Maddie-fits?'"
"Of course."

No comments: