Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 2: Bangkok - View from My Window, Balister Tower, Massage

It's nearly midnight and I had no pictures to post for my cute family. I used the real camera all day today and am blogging from my phone on this trip so i haven't got any way to transfer picture files from the camera card to the phone. I decided that when daddy is on a business trip staying in high rise hotels the kids Skype him and he always shows them what he can see out his window. We've explored both Tokyo and Kuala Limpor that way and probably many more cities.

Tonight we went to the top of the tallest building in Thailand just after dark and the view was amazing. Not so much for the dramatic scenery but for the never ending city. Our driver tells us there are 12 million people living in Bangkok. The city and the lights went on and on and on beyond where the eye could see. The highways are all elevated and look like snakes winding around and around each other at the interchanges. After we went to the open air observation deck we enjoyed our complimentary drink at the bar while lounging in plush chairs and watching the city pass by below us. The place was nearly empty even though it was a Saturday night. That wouldn't have been the case in Singapore. We had our lime soda and popcorn and we all three nursed the babies.

We ended the night with an attempt to get massages. I wasn't sure how that was going to work out considering we were packing three babies with us. The goal was foot massages so we could hold the little ladies but there wasn't enough staff. Only one lady was available so because I really, really wanted someone to work on my tense neck and shoulders and because Jessie and Nicole are fantastic friends and because Ashlyn was the only one that was sleeping they let me stay and took her home with them. Turns out she woke up and wasn't perfect but they got her settled again. They were so good to me and I got my $12 massage. I love Thailand especially lots just for that.

No comments: