Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Girl Talk

I played phone tag today with one of my best girl friends. As Madison walked out of her violin lesson, the phone rang and I grabbed it. We walked to the car, got seat belts etc. and then the call disconnected unexpectedly. I took the chance to quickly tell her why I took the call because she had had a very bad day today and wanted to talk for a minute but I apologized in case Madison felt ignored.
"We'll why do you care if she had a terrible day?" came the reply from my fend for yourself, don't bother me with your problems daughter. Such a Maddie comment. I will remember this when she is running up cell phone bills talking to her girlfriends at sixteen and seeing every move they make as critical and important to be discussed and reviewed in excruciating detail. Maybe then she will understand my reply, "Because she's a girl and I'm a girl and girls need to talk and share with their buddies. And also because we are friends."

No comments: