Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

In My Head

Children are swarming. Noise level is loud. Homework questions are being tossed across the kitchen table and I’m trying to field all the requests while keeping Jacob from going back to timeout. His buddy broke his arm today I figured a good idea would be to get him engaged in making cookies for his sad friend.

 

Ben is asking about shapes and fractions. Madison is reading the lyrics in Ben’s piano books for her reading time (counts as poetry I figure). I tell Jacob to please wash his hands and scrub them as long as it takes to sing the ABCs. I’m constantly telling the kids to write down their thinking in math so we see what they are doing when Jacob calls out, “Can I just do it in my head?” I’m stumped.

 

“Did you just ask me if you can do it in your head or was that someone else talking?”

“That was me.”
“No. You cannot just wash your hands in your mind.”

“No. I mean sing the ABCs in my head.”

“Ooooohhhhh. That makes a lot more sense. Sure. You can sing in your head.”

 

Sometimes there is just too much motion for my head to process in this house at homework time. Heaven help us when I have to start cooking dinner amongst all this mayhem again after Gina leaves us!

No comments: