Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

In Doha Now

We have had a very long day or more - I can't really tell how long we've been in transit anymore but I believe 24 hrs since we left Centerville. We have successfully separated in SLC and reconnected with Brian in Doha, Qatar. Things are changing already. It was 34 C / 93 F when we landed at 7pm and the women are covering more. The men look the same except a few in the traditional white clothing so far.

And of course the bathrooms. As I opened the stall I half held my breath having a conversation in my head. It's a nice airport - they won't be squatters. But maybe they will. I hope not. I'm too worn out to squat today. I was pleased to see a sitter but smiled to see it was all wet from the bum squirter hose. And the toilet paper was almost gone. Welcome back was all I could think.

One more one hour flight to go then customs/luggage/visa/immigration and then a one hour drive home. We will be home about 11:30 pm I would estimate. Then they can run around and tour the house and crash for a sleep in morning while Brian goes off to work.

No comments: