Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thumb Installation

Ben has become a fantastic helper in the last year.  If we ask him to help Jacob he is usually quite willing (not so much with Maddie Mae though).  Last night we went caroling to a few families we haven't seen around in a while.  The kids had fun, but it was cold outside and we were bundled up.  Jacob was buckled in his seat on the drive and pulled his mittens off, then of course he wanted them back on.  I couldn't reach him so I asked Ben to put them back on Jacob's hands.
 
He grabbed the mittens and fumbled with them for a minute trying to figure out how to get them onto his little brother.  Finally he asked, "Where does the thumb go?  I can't find the hole for it." (they are the type with no thumb hole).
 
Thinking on my feet, I replied, "Jacob doesn't have his thumbs yet."
 
"Huh?" came the reply.
 
"We go to the doctor when he turns three to get them installed."  The look on his face was priceless.  He was completely shocked but totally suckered into believing it.  Still he questioned me after a few seconds, "So Jacob doesn't have thumbs!?!?  Really?  Do they really glue them on?"
 
"Yep," I confirmed.  "Don't you ever lose yours, because the insurance only pays for one set.
 
"NO! You're kidding me!" he exclaimed and we all laughed.
 
Then Maddie chimed in, "I don't have thumbs because I'm not three anymore!!  They came off."
 
Ben and Maddie are such a hoot when I tease them.  I love it and so do they.

No comments: