Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, January 25, 2010

Ben-isms

Yesterday
"Mom, look at what I drew on the magna doodle. It's a cow eating grass."
I look over. It's totally blank.
"I don't see anything. Where is the cow?"
"Well, the cow ate it all so he left."
Today
We delivered fliers advertising open enrollment for our pool. We took two of the longer routes because they both had real houses instead of town homes. Ben had a tantrum the second we got out of the truck that he was going to be too tired to walk. In no uncertain terms I told him to buck up. The pool is near bankruptcy and if he wants it to open we all have to work hard so we get enough paying members to cover the costs. He did okay until half way through and even then I was able to push and prod him into helping without a total melt down. He saw the vision of the task and it kept him going. He did walk a lot though, so when we got home he had a popsicle and went to play in the backyard.
After about three minutes outside he determined that our back yard was no longer fun because he had already played with all the stuff before last summer. Maddie asked for a movie in my bed (I'm crossing fingers for that to induce a nap). Ben followed suit and asked for a different movie downstairs.
As I turned his on he told me, "This is sure a good thing to do while I wait for the energy to get back inside my legs."

1 comment:

Laura said...

LOL at Ben's cow drawing explaination. That's priceless!