Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Just Gotta Dance

I read somewhere recently that the impulse to dance to music is a natural phenomenom, especially visible in little kids. When a small child hears music, the brain starts moving the body in response. It is one of the brain's mechanisms to express the emotions stimulated by the music. We have witnessed this phenomenom with all of our kids. With Ben the impulse was there, but did not drive hime to dance unless we encouraged him to do so. With Maddie and Jacob the impulse was very strong from the beginning. Maddie would dance to a few of the ringtones in my cell phone. Jacob seems to have the strongest impulse. With most music, he instantly stops doing whatever he was doing and starts moving his little body as soon as he hears the music start. He bends his knees a little to crouch down and starts moving his arms and hips. It is always fun to watch. Today I was able to capture a little bit of his dance moves. Don't worry, when he disappears from the screen in the middle of the video clip was not a fall. He threw himself down on some pillows that happened to be in front of him--must be part of his dance moves.

3 comments:

Verity said...

He's a better dancer than I am! :)

Shelley said...

So So So cute! I love baby dancing.

Pam said...

Oh my gosh! How cute is THAT! I don't care if it's just an impulse...That kid is CUTE! I love you guys!!!