Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, July 30, 2010

Zoned

I had another surgery yesterday to put a metal screw in my head.  Just one more surgery left in Oct/Nov to put the tooth on the screw.  Yesterday I sent Brian a text from the pharmacy afterwards telling him to come home early and get the kids because I wasn't feeling well and with my mouth all sore and bloody didn't want to talk.  What does he do?  Call me to talk about how I'm feeling.  Ugh.  I do give him points for caring and calling back in 0.2 milliseconds.   I know he was worried, especially because I was driving myself home (which is allowed).
 
Anyway, I'm doing lots better pain wise than last time.  Not as much bleeding which is making eating and brushing easier.  And I was prepared for for the physical exhaustion this time so my attitude has be lots better too. Brian did pick up the kids from Lucinda's for me.  I heard the wild uproar coming toward the front door from the back bedroom where I was laying down.  They were wild, yelling, fighting and rowdy.  He did the best thing he could have done at that point.  He took them swimming and I got a real nap in.  Then he made dinner for him and the kids, changed dirty diapers and cleaned the dishes.  He warmed up some delicious and very soft chicken vegetable soup my good friend Mindy made for our family.  I ate more than half of what she brought for the entire family.  I was starving and it was so easy to eat.  I have good friends and the best husband in the world.
 
Because I napped in the afternoon I wasn't sleepy despite how tired my body was.  So I watched some super boring television and fell asleep before 10pm.  Today I woke at 6:30 am to the familiar 'click' of Jakey's door popping open.  I shook Brian and asked him to stop Jakey before he jumped on Maddie's bed again to wake her up (it's a daily battle).  He nabbed him just in time, shut the door to the kids room and to ours.  I don't think I fell back asleep again, but I laid and rested until 8 am.
 
I took care of the kids and their normal schoolwork routines until about 10 while Brian worked in the basement then I showered and laid down for a rest while netflix movies played on the outside of my eyelids and I snoozed a bit.  Brian kept all three kids busy doing "house helper" chores fixing the bunkbed in their bedroom.  I made lunch, cleaned the dishes, put Jakey down to nap and...you guessed it...laid down for a nap while more netflix movies played in the background.
 
When I woke up Brian was dumping laundry on the bed so I helped him fold three loads and sorted the literal mountain of clothes the kids have outgrown.  Now I just have to sort and decide what clothes come to Singapore and what should be given away.  I'm thinking all of Maddies go, Ben's stuff can go to Jacob but not sure what to do about Jakey's stuff.  I wish I could tell the future.  Anyway, Brian heated leftovers for dinner tonight, I did lots of the dishes and am relaxing on the couch while they finish up. 
 
I'm grateful for a good husband to help me out.  I'm grateful that within six months my tooth troubles will be behind me (at least on tooth #9).  I'm grateful the kids have been tailing dad and been mostly good.  I say mostly good because there has been some whining today, he's gotten frusterated a time or two with them for good cause.  It makes him human.  He didn't used to be human you know.  Three kids and the never ending "me", "I", and "give me" has finally broken us.  I'm grateful for all the help the kids have been today and how they typically do their morning schoolwork happily.  I'm thankful for friends to watch my kids and bring dinner to my family.  I'm grateful that my body can take this kind of abuse and recover.  I'm glad for a high pain tolerance.
 
If you need me I'll be home.  On the couch or in bed.  Zoned.  I'm feeling okay with an ache in my face but totally and completely lethargic.  My body is screaming to sit, to lay, to relax, to do nothing, to zone out.  I guess I'll oblige for a few more days.  Maybe Brian will post some pics of the damage this time.  I was a bit disappointed that you can't see the screw.  It had been an option if my healing had gone super fast.  Guess I'm just a regular healer.

1 comment:

KathiNiels said...

Bless your heart Angie. Wish I could be there to help out :(. Hope you are feeling better, soon!

I love the new picture :)