Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Carpe Diem Parenting?

When people tell me my blog is "funny" and they love reading it because it's so honest, I tell them I don't believe in sugar coating my day. I live a life of reality parenting and am not ashamed to let that dirty secret out of the closet. I love my kids. I love my life. That doesn't mean it's all flowers and roses. Sometimes it poop in the carpet, tantrums on the bus to the market or vomit in the car and it's okay to be annoyed about it once in a while.

Check out this article Lucinda sent me today. Totally made my day because I laughed as I saw myself writing the exact same darn thing knowing people think I'm so negative sometimes. This article is mentally written by me, I just lack the great english literary skills this gal has to put it out in print. My favorite line is this: "I can't even carpe fifteen minutes in a row, so a whole diem is out of the question."


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennon-melton/dont-carpe-diem_b_1206346.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

All I can say is they hit the nail right on the head.
Signed,
Surviving and Sometimes Even Thriving in Singapore (aka Angie Sue)

No comments: