Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No Time for a Baby

I keep trying to figure out when to deliver this baby. It seems to me that the world is crowding in around me. We keep getting notices from school and scouts and church and birthday party invites and everything else that such and such is the week of the delivery date. It's making me nuts knowing I'm going to miss stuff with my kids that they really care about and want to do. Seems like there is simply no time for this baby to come. Or for me to sit out life and recover from a big surgery. I hadn't realized how much simpler life was delivering Maddie when Ben didn't have a single thing on his calendar for the next year.

Jacob came just before Christmas so I missed two Christmas parties I really wanted to go to but then the world slowed down and people left town to visit family for the holidays and school was out and we had a snow storm. Life was a good kid of dead.

Here we are facing our fourth delivery. Do I miss the school performances? Ben being awarded his cub scout wolf badge? Swim lessons we paid for and are finally seeing progress with? Ballet lessons? Pinewood derby? Ugh.

I think if I can't manage to sweet talk the doctor into going 3 days earlier than his prescribed window (March 6 +/- 4 days) to get my leap day baby then I'm going with 3/3/12. Cute in the USA. Great for an international baby from the USA. Every medical/school/government form I complete I have to double check i have the month and day correct since they are written opposite here from what I have done my whole life. 3/3. So easy. I'll have to check with Brian who has been working on picking "the most auspicious day on the Chinese calendar." He even knows the hour of day that is best according to the moon and the experts in numerology.

2 comments:

Erin said...

have him wait an extra week to give you 1/2 more of baby to make it that much more likely he/she sleep longer quicker. :-) and you get the benefit of going to the events you want to.

cheryl said...

Love the plan of going on 3/3/12. I was so worried at first when I had to schedule a c-section because they told me it would cost 20% more. "you schedule auspicious birth. 20% surcharge." We had to pay out of pocket for her birth so I was really worried. Thankfully, we didn't have to pay the surcharge!