Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Zufelt Valentine Tradition

I may not be blogging much, but I’m still alive. Today is Valentines Day. When we were dating Brian and I rarely actually dated, as in went out somewhere public and spent money on a date. For the most part we hung out with friends at my apartment or his and did stuff at home. Our first Valentines Day together we made sugar cookies together. Despite the severe amount of mocking he does about people and their traditions, he does seem to enjoy this particular one and has kept it going for a long, long time.

 

This year I made the cookies while he was at work and had the frosting and everything we needed ready to go when he got home. My master plan was that we could do homework, dinner and decorating and still make our regular bedtime. Jake wasn’t on board. He cried most the afternoon. Then the second we sat to dinner he started crying. It was so bad and so loud that Brian ended up taking him into another room.  Twice. He never did recover and ended up going to bed without eating a single bite of food. But, to stay on schedule for bedtime Brian took him upstairs and Ben and Maddie and I decorated all the cookies alone. It worked, but it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind. We delivered a bunch of plates of sweets to the neighbors on our street because it was too late to go far. Then we had a few cookies to snack on and brushed teeth and sent them off to bed.  I had fun, but hope next year will be a full family event.

1 comment:

Anthony and Kristie said...

lol, the more kids I have the less we stick to the great plans I come up with. Friday night we went to a family v-day dance. Mason screamed the whole time (the music was just more than he could handle) & Parker sat complaining he was to tired & wanted to go home. We were only there 30 minutes before we left. I think I am starting to decide most of the time we will have to dived & concur to stay sane.