Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, July 9, 2012

No Squatters Here

We got off the plane in Salt Lake City and the kids needed to use the toilet. I fed Ashlyn while they went. When they returned Brian burped Ashlyn and I went to the toilet. (We don’t go to the bathroom in Singapore, we go to the toilet.)

 

I entered the toilet and there was one lady in line. I assessed the layout. Ten stalls lining the wall ahead to the right. A bank of sinks on left wall. The lady ahead in line went into a stall as someone came out and I noticed two stalls sort of behind me as well. One door was open.

 

The lady ahead of me hadn’t used it so I approached slowly to assess. I poked my head around the door to check. Nope. It wasn’t a squatter. I went in. Just then it hit me like ton of bricks and I laughed out loud to myself. No Angie. It was never going to be a squatter. You’re not in Singapore.

 

Squatters are usually the end stalls or in the odd corner location and Americans are willing to wait longer in line for a sitter instead of use a squatter. That white woman in front of me had waited for a stall ahead instead of use the open door so it made sense to me what she was doing – waiting instead of squatting.

I’m not in Singapore anymore. It may take a few weeks to adjust myself.

No comments: