Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fools Intermediate School!

Today after Jacob got on the bus I had to deliver a cub scout badge to one of my bears. That meant I was wandering around the intermediate school as the morning announcements were being broadcast. The started out with an energetic welcome back from spring break and an announcement that there would be no homework today as the kids eased back into school again.

 

Cheers of jubilation were heard ripping through every one of the 13 classrooms on all three levels of the school. I heard their excitement as I was crossing the open air space with all the doors facing me. I thought it was a bit of weakling move by the school, but at least I wouldn’t have to arm wrestle Ben over rechecking the answers on his math assignments tonight.

 

I found Gabriel and as I left I heard the final announcement of the day. April Fools!! What did you think? You silly students, that no homework thing was a joke. There was no cheers over that message, but I was laughing out in the hallways.  Well played, Administrators. You got me too.

No comments: