Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ants

Overheard in the bathroom this morning. Maddie: Mom, there are ants in the bathroom! Ben runs in to inspect: Maddie, stop. Ben yells up the stairs to me: Mom, I don't think we should kill ants anymore. Remember the Ten Commandments from God? We aren't supposed to kill anything. Later that day they see another ant near the front door and inspect together. Maddie: I wonder why God made so many ants in the world. Ben: Cause they need a lot. God made lots of animals for the earth. Maddie: Mom? I think God made enough ants that they are going to destroy the world. Ben still claims he doesn't like any ants unless they are in an ant farm (they have done one the last three weeks at school), but apparently he isn't going to kill them anymore by command from God.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I must not be a very good mom on that front; I've given Ella carte blanche to kill ants (or any bug for that matter) that she sees in our house. If they're outside, we leave them alone. :-)