Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Do You Believe in Jinxes?

Jakey had his 18 month well check last week I think. In true Jakey style, we went in well and while we were there he vomited. It was after I had stripped him down and weighed him. My theory was that this wiggle monster was climbing all over and had just eaten his snack before we went to the office. Then he leaned over the side of the chair in the most akward of ways and pushed his belly way, way in and that's when he lost his cookies (actually it was mango he lost but whatever). The nurse reviewed his file and found not a single thing wrong with him. Developing right on track except his crazy good jumping skills. He's like 6 month early and GOOD at jumping. As she was making her notes in his file she comments, "Wow. I don't show we have ever had this little guy in for a single appointment other than well checks. Is that right?" I confirmed her statement adding that he had a fever once but it never went above 101 degrees and well, lets just say I'm not a first time mother. We're pretty chill around here, so No. He's never been in for a sick visit. Guess where Brian and all three kids are today? The doctor office for sick people on a Saturday morning. I'm pretty sure the nurse jinxed up with her comment about him never being sick. Yesterday when he got up he had eye gunk. Mr. Wiggles wouldn't stop long enough for me to really clean him up. I swiped and swiped as he roamed the house and figured I just never got it clean. About 10am I finally got a completely clean face when he nestled into my arms for a whopping fifteen seconds. Victory. Then he wandered my way again thirty minutes later with a mega hunk of green goop in his eye again. Dang. It was probably leaking all morning like this but I didn't notice. Our little buddy Becca had the same oozing crud last week, so I called her mom. The unofficial diagnosis was a non-contagious something or other related to the ears. The path of least resistance is through the eyeball I guess. Just need an antibiotic and a couple days, but watch for ear infections that often accompany it. EAR INFECTIONS???? NO!! We are going on an airplane in two days. Not a good combination. After my last flight with Jakey I banned him from any form of flying until he was 22 years old. He's bad enough healthy. He better not dare get an ear infection. He'll be a disaster. Plus, it will hurt him. What a rotten thing. So this morning I got up at 6am and went to do stroke and turn judging at the swim meet while Super Dad took care of the kids all morning, made a doctor appointment for Jakey then packed them all up to go into the visit. I just got home at 11am and they were still in the waiting room. Thanks Super Dad for, well, for being Super. You Rock!

No comments: