Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Using Your Imagination Outdoors

It's been a long, long, long day. Usually is, when I have an overwhelming amount of computer work to do and the kids are in my care. There is never a moment that they don't need something or just need to be within two feet of me and loud, loud, loud. I was grumpy. Finally I got Jacob down for a much needed nap. Maddie set up with a little show in an attempt to trick her into a nap. Ben and Anthony figured out how to have fun in the back yard. They tied a rope around our Clifford the dog backyard swing and one kid would pull it up as high as they could get it to go in the air while the other kid squirted Clifford with a water gun. They squealed and giggled like crazy for nearly an hour when I finally noticed they had found some new fun. Somehow they caught on to the fact that when the outside unit for the air conditioner goes on the fan blows really, really hard. They put their faces above the fan to make their hair go wild, sang songs into it to hear their funny voices and found one lone pile of autumn leaves tucked behind the unit to throw up in the air currents and watch the leaves go wild every which way in the air. It brightened my day to see their complete and total joy. They are really, truly good boys and I'm glad Ben has found such a great friend.

No comments: