Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cub Scouts at the Naval Base

We got to take the Wolfs to the naval base this week to do their flag achievement. It was pretty cool and despite how wild and unruly they can be in my living room they were perfectly behaved when the big tough men in uniforms with big voices taught them about flag ceremonies and how to fold a flag and other things like that.  Maybe I need to invest in some camo duds to get some respect around here.

 

After the sunset retiring of the colors we took them all over to the Terror Club for ice cream. Who named it that?  Who knows.  But when ships pull into port here I hear they can have upwards of 400 people relaxing and swimming at the pool side restaurant and bar.  Luckily that night there were only about three tables occupied.  I felt bad for those people who probably came for a nice relaxing beer at the pool to relax after work…then in walk twelve wild seven year olds playing freeze tag poolside and practicing for a pack meeting skit. 

 

I ordered Ben two scoops of ice cream.  They brought a massive bowl.  I was a bit surprised. Then another mom asked where her order was. She only ordered one scoop and it was a large bowl too that was WAY too much to possibly be hers.  Finally what we came to understand that we expected Singapore portions of ice cream and ordered accordingly but we were in mini-America with real American portion sizes.  Ben couldn’t even finish his treat it was so much.  I got a REAL cheesecake. It tasted great even if it was plain because they forgot the strawberry topping. Life is good.

 

The check for our treats came in US dollars.  Uh….I ran out of US bills a long, long time ago. Though I admit when we finally caved and just ordered new keys to open our fire proof safe last month we found a couple bucks stashed in the bottom.  But I wasn’t about to run home to get it.  I just gave them more Sing than it should have cost when converted and they brought back more change than expected.  Sweet deal. 

No comments: