Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Highlights

Maddie forgot her class book today so I had to walk over and deliver it to her class. I decided to go eat lunch with her.  I respected preschool/pre-kindergarten teachers before but seeing two women get the proper lunch for sixteen children.  Choose the right vegetable for each one, right drink, fruit all according to the parents marked order sheet each week was fantastic.  Plus they have to open water bottles, Tupperware bins, Ziploc baggies.  Rip open those little straw packages and put them in drink boxes, open those little milk cartons, deliver napkins.  Remind children to eat instead of giggle, talk and play. Then help the “home lunch” kids pack up their gear and clear the table of all the littered wrappers and trash.  Line the kids up and head back to class to wash hands.  I was exhausted just watching the show. Oh yeah.  The teachers eat too.  There did seem to be about a two minute lull in which the poor women dash off and grab a plate of food.  Then they eat, standing, as they continue to manage the short people.  Amazing I tell you.   Simply amazing.

 

Ben walks home, or rather rides his scooter home, each day. I’m typically somewhere in the vicinity that I hear the gate creak open and see him  come through.  He is all smiles every day. He holds his scooter with one hand and pushes the other hand to the sky in triumph as he proclaims, “HELLO!!”  He is loving his new found independence and is home within three minutes of when class lets out.

 

Jacob gets a nap because I don’t have to pick up Ben at school anymore. And we had one fantastic success this morning sparing me the fullest diaper that would have been.  And all I had to do was flush.  Happiness can be simple in my book these days.

 

Other Stuff  Not a highlight of my kids but I got a chuckle out of this one. By the looks of things at the high school it is time for the student body elections. Signs litter the cafeteria and several key places on campus.  The one that got me was a simple neon yellow post-it note on the hallway water fountain.  “Free Water. Provided by Michael.”  I’m voting for him now for sure.

No comments: