Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pregnant Tired Isn't Over Yet

Those energy filled days are amazing after you’ve wanted to sleep for months on end.  It felt great to have washed, hung, dried, folded AND delivered ALL of the laundry to closets, wardrobes and drawers last week.  I was so excited to have a burst of energy and to know that my poor husband didn’t have to go to the backyard to get his clean clothes every morning before he showered.

 

As nice as those days are, sometimes they feel like a slap in the face when you get three days in a row when all you want to do is crawl in bed again.  Frustrating.  Today is Maddie’s birthday and all I want to do is spoil her and make cool stuff and have a great day…but all of that after a three hour nap, okay?  Jake is watching Word World on cable while I answered emails.  It is Dog’s birthday and Pig pulled out his cookbook to make a cake.  I had to laugh.  All he needed was a “C”, “A”, “K” and an “E”.  Then you push them together and magically a CAKE appears.  Where can I get those ingredients? 

 

I already got up at 4am (because I’m pregnant not because I’m a fantastic mom).  Put her presents together all cute because presentation matters more to this kid than to anyone else in the family.  Baked brownies to take to school before we walked to school at 7:30am.  She wants cupcakes for dinner because I’m not making a castle cake until her birthday party…which doesn’t fit into our calendar for the next three weekends.  Poor girl. At least she doesn’t seem to mind waiting for a party and castle cake.

 

Right now I think I’ll shut off the computer, settle Jake in for another 30 minutes with his Red Rocketship buddies and close my eyes because we have an appointment tonight at 8pm so I know I can’t crash early. Is it Saturday yet?

No comments: