Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Today - A Day in the Life of Mom

It’s just about noon.  So far today I have:

·         Packed snacks

·         Packed lunches

·         Reading drills with Maddie Mae

·         Potty training

·         Walked to the school (okay, ran to school pushing a stroller we didn’t miss the shuttle – when I say get your teeth brushed I mean NOW not in twenty minutes)

·         Delivered kids to class and shuttle bus

·         Took Jacob to a play date

·         Watched Jacob and his play date buddy here after they finished there

·         Registered for my driving test to convert my license (stress!! – took me over fifteen minutes to find the stinking button to register – have I ever mentioned that Singapore is not an internet friendly place?)

·         Studied for the test for about an hour

·         Researched the math program at school to know if I should buy any supplemental materials for our summer homeschooling routine (mostly I found hate mail variety youtube posts about the program our school uses, I mostly like what I see, it’s mostly parents angry they teach different than they learned so it MUST therefore be the wrong way – still no resolution on if/what to buy)

·         Gathered dental records and sent off to new dentist here ( how exactly did I forget that I had a bit of a complex situation going on in my mouth and the poor doc might just need to see that kinda stuff? Hello, McFly!)

·         Emailed the new owner of the house in Virginia answering questions about “stuff”

·         Made lunch

·         Negotiated with Jake to eat lunch

·         Packed up to return uniforms that will fit Brian not Maddie (hello?  XXS please, you know, like the rest of the shirts in the bag, not XXL for the petite four year old standing next to me who just tried on those same shirts in the dressing room while you waited on us)

 

Realistically that’s not that much for six hours but I’m exhausted.  Now we’re off to return those darn uniforms and maybe buy some socks for Maddie.

 

Just asked Jacob to get his pants on.  He accidentally grabbed a navy blue uniform skirt out of the clean laundry pile to return to Maddie’s drawer upstairs instead of his navy blue shorts.  Too funny. I’m gonna let him wear it and see if Maddie notices.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Wait a second--did you sell your place in FFX?