Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dangerous Day Today

I woke up feeling good today. I was in bed by 8:00 last night to relax and watch TV.   I fed Ashlyn about 11pm then she slept a nice 5 hour block. I woke up just after 7am. Not a bad night overall.*  

 

So I feel good and that’s where it gets dangerous. I was up early enough that Brian left for work on time instead of cover the morning routine for me so I could sleep in. I made the kids lunches and snacks for school. Managed the whining Maddie all morning without screaming at her or bonking her in the forehead to get her attention (which may or may not have happened yesterday – I’m not saying). I even did reading and letters with Jacob before he left for school. He’s getting really good at it and I think I can credit the Letter Factory video (that’s how Ben learned best too).

 

As Maddie left to walk to school this morning with Gina I told her it was a dangerous day and I meant it. When Mommy feels good she does too much and it puts my recovery back a few days. That’s what happened last week – though I knew it would happen and there wasn’t much to be done about it. Wednesday was my doctor to remove stitches. Thursday was Ashlyn well check since her discharge from NICU. Friday was parent conferences at the school. Saturday was Ben’s pinewood derby. It was too much but it was all important. I spent Saturday afternoon and evening napping on the couch. Sunday I played board games with the kids until they had to go to church then napped and watched movies. (Don’t worry, I listened to a service in the morning so I could get a checkmark for church “attendance.”) Monday I was still pretty tired so I slept a little more.

 

As I loaded Jacob in the carpool van to go to school Jennifer came walking up to deliver her Anderson to the van. That probably saved me. We sat on the couch and visited. Then another friend dropped by to visit. Before I knew it Jacob was on his way home and I hadn’t done anything of real value. Unless you count taking it easy so I don’t regress in my recovery as valuable, which I suppose it is. So it was a fun day but it won’t be long before I go nuts for lack of productivity.

 

*Other than the bed bugs making me itch still – is there an end to this disaster? And why doesn’t Brian get bit when me and the three big kids all have reactions? They spray again on Friday but I’m losing hope that it’s going to fix the problem anymore.

No comments: