Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pee Baby Pee!

The doctor (pediatrician) just came with an update on our little lady. She is still grunting hard for each breath. The chest X-ray shows either very, very wet lungs or immature lungs. Time will tell but no infection or pneumonia so that is the positive news. She is on antibiotics as a precaution and starts the CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) now for at least 24 maybe 48 hours. This will help her feel better by helping hold the lungs open so she doesn't have to work so hard to breath. If it is wet lung she will hopefully be able to process it out in the next 24 hours by peeing.

She's grounded to the NICU for probably at least 48 hours more before she can go to the regular nursery delaying her discharge for sure. I guess that's okay because mine is delayed too. The doctor keeps referring to my internals as "quite a jungle" and it took him a long time to repair and put me back together. I had planned to go home Friday but he says Saturday is likely the soonest he is willing to let me outta this joint.

Guess me and baby girl get to hang out together...sort of. Me on the 4th floor, her on the 3rd. Hopefully tomorrow I will be well enough to go see the baby. Then maybe it will seem more real. Sort of hard to name a baby you aren't connected to yet if that makes sense.

1 comment:

The Roth's said...

Oh Ang...sorry you can't see your little one yet. I didn't get to meet Lilly for 4 days after my c-section so I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND how hard and "unreal" it all feels. And you know I understand the naming issue! I didn't really know her and we just picked a name...and 18 months later we changed it! Anyway, sending lots and lots of love and well wishes your way. I pray for a speedy recovery for both of you and I can't wait to see some pictures of the new Zufult!