Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, March 11, 2012

To An American

I sit now in the lobby of the hospital while Brian is loading all my gear in the car. I've been thinking through our plans for today and tomorrow. We've got things basically figured out. We hang out together until the 4pm feeding. Go in at 3:30 so we don't miss it. Brian drives to the financial class we have been taking together. I take a taxi home.

Then I considered this from an American frame of mind. If a girlfriend of mine in Fairfax had ever told me that she got discharged from the hospital and took a taxi home I'd think her husband was a first class idiot. Seriously. To me now, living here, seems to make perfect sense. It's the perfect option. In the US I think I've only ridden in a taxi on our one trip to NYC. I wouldn't have even known how to call a cab.

Sunday the plan is to drop me at the hospital and Brian goes home so Gina can go to her church. Then he takes the kids to our church. If Ashlyn can come home I take a cab home - unless the meeting end time lines up with the discharge time. Such is Singapore life and we love it.

No comments: