Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, April 28, 2012

I'm Tired

The clock is slowly inching toward 8;30 on this lazy Saturday morning and I'm still laying in bed. Ashlyn woke me up at 5:30 and proved restless until about half hour ago when Brian took her. Now I've been up too long to go back to sleep even though my body is fatigued by the routine of eight weeks of night feedings. I rarely want to do anything so going out is taxing to me even when I enjoy the excursion.

Wednesday night youth group was cancelled so the kids could fly to the Philippines to go to the temple so I was free. Gina was keen to put the kids to bed so I arranged a date night for Brian and I. The Titanic exhibit closes this weekend and I didn't want to miss it. We went to enjoy and get away. It should have been great. On the way home I asked Brian if the date was so blaw because the nature of a museum dictates that you read the displays and this we didn't talk and interact like a good date would involve or were we just too dang tired to go out on dates on a week night. The museum was good enough in the Titanic exhibit. For my opinion on the Andy Warhol exhibit you could simply reread my posting on going to book club in November of 2010 before we left Fairfax. In short - I just don't get art and knowing that should have saved the $4 to upgrade my ticket and spent it on ice cream after the museum.

Both of us admitted as we drive home at 10pm we'd rather be in bed asleep. Maybe we would have better dates on Friday nights.

I wish it was chilly today. There is thunder outside without rain...yet. It's rolling and intriguing me. My curtains are drawn and I want to curl up into my sheets and find the comforting warmth from a cool storm outside. Instead I will shower and go begin the day. My cute kids await my grand assent down the staircase to tend to all their pressing needs like pouring milk onto Cheerios and finding the tag on the Thomas the Train underwear. I'm like a rock star around here and I'm happy to say I know they love me.


No comments: