Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Handwriting

Ben brought me this note this afternoon what room I should visit for his Chinese teacher at Back to School Night. It was most definitely kid writing but looked like a sixth grader wrote it not a sloppy third grader. I kept looking back at it and wondering if they wrote it and traded papers or something.

It was one of those cases when you want to ask but by so doing you may totally insult the person. Finally, curiosity got the better of me and I asked, "Who wrote this note?" "I did," came the reply. In genuine shock I told him how amazing it looked and that I'd never seen anything he'd ever written look better than this note I was holding in my hand.

Benjamin smiled proudly from one ear to the other and looked just the tiniest bit embarrassed. Then he looked right at me and said, "I know it was good. I can do a LOT worse than that!" he grabbed the paper and wrote a certifiably awful "Ben" on the paper.

No comments: