Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Potty Training

Maddie decided she wanted to use the potty two weeks ago. She does okay. I guess I should take her interest and regular successes as the sign to buckle down and do it before she looses interest, but I'm not sure I have the patience anymore right now. Today Maddie wanted to potty. We went in, stripped naked and then proceeded to get the her baby doll totally ready to potty too. Finally, the baby doll went first and was nicely sitting down waiting when Maddie, calmly watching baby try to potty, pees all over the floor. Ugh. After we got home from morning errands I mention we could try again and she decides okay. We strip her naked, because you know you can't potty with a single stitch of clothes on, it doesn't work that way. She sits for a while and gets bored. I have to run and help Ben in the kitchen. She leaves the bathroom and is leaning on the far side of the neighbors car seat in the entryway when I return, naked and smiling. I tell her she must wear a diaper if she isn't sitting on the potty. She tries to be cute and is giggling for a minute or so, hiding behind the car seat. Finally, I decide to get serious and put the diaper on. As I move around the car seat, I see she's pooped all over the ground. Double ugh. I take her in the bathroom to wipe off her legs and I stand her up on the stool. She says, "Potty." I say, "Yes, we poo poo in the potty." I reach to grab some toilet paper to clean her up and sure enough, she had to potty. She peed all over the stool and the bathroom floor. Triple ugh for the day. Anyone want to earn some extra money moping floors for a week or two? J-you need cash, right?

No comments: