Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, June 20, 2008

Puzzle Fun

Brian has been gone for almost a week now. We've been helping two friends move and not getting our normal schedule for naps this week. It's been fun to help and sad to say goodbye to great people. Ben has totally loved the play dates though.


When we got home today after emptying the Miles fridge and delivering the loot to friends, Maddie was crashed out in her car seat. She moved nicely into her bed, only demanding her customary 3 binkies. When I came downstairs, Ben wanted to do a new puzzle they had gifted us. It was a 100 piece puzzle with some serious detail of a small dinosaur scene. I almost told him no because I figured he'd be too frustrated to do it. Well, it took an hour, but he loved it. Since I've loved puzzles for years, it was totally fun to teach him a little puzzle strategy...

It did take some serious self control not to just do the puzzle or to wait and let him tell me silly stories while we sat side by side working. Mostly because he can't talk and work. I just had to listen and wait for him to be ready to work again. Good lesson in real listening and patience for me.

We had to have a snack break in the middle. He got cereal and goldfish in a bowl and a bottle of water and a cup. He explained the entire process of how he got the water in a bottle because he thought I might be getting thirsty from all the hard puzzle work like he was. So the bottle was so I could pour my own water into my own cup and he could use the cup he chose for himself. Then he had to demonstrate how pouring water was to be done. It was real cute how thoughtful he was to me. I can't believe how great he did with the puzzle too! Once again, time to upgrade my expectations of what he can do.

1 comment:

Susie said...

angie! Oh man I haven't seen you since we all came down to visit kristie at your home in Houston! you've been busy....I love seeing photos of your family, very cute! Send me an email so I have your email address and I can give you access to my bloggy...sukatt@hotmail.com
susie (robinson), well frisby now!