Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, June 16, 2008

Remember the Game Operation?


You know the game, you try to be real careful, deliberate and precise. You have the piece right there, coming up, up, slowly up. Just as you are about to cross the threshold and get it out and taste pure, sweet victory...BBBBUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!! You loose.

That is exactly how I feel when I try to fix Maddie's hair. She sits quietly, waiting. Sometimes she even brings me the hair ties and tells me, "Pretty?" "Please, Pretty?" So, I brush her hair straight, get it all bundled in my hand, start twisting the elastic around the first time, the second...BBBBUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! She whips her head around to check to see if I'm done and it all falls out. We try again, but the attention span shortens each time we have to restart the game. Ultimately, she starts telling me, "NO THANK YOU!!!" "No thank you, mommy." She returns to her shaggy dog status with hair all over in front of her face and in her eyes. I guess it just doesn't bother her yet.

1 comment:

The Sutera Family said...

Angie,

How are you? It must have been a decade since we last spoke. Sorry to age us, but WOW it's been a long time. I mentioned to Kristie that this blogging thing has resulted in the opening of a time capsule of old memories and friends. If I remember correctly, you've been in this area for a while now. You wouldn't believe how close we are to each other. Our house backs up to Lake Braddock. We're just off of Burke Road. It's truly a small world. Anyways, how are things? Here's my email address so we can communicate via email rather than blog (sutera_aloha@yahoo.com). We should definitely get together soon and catch up. We've also got to work on getting that sister of yours down here to visit too!