Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, July 24, 2009

Cleaning Up

Today was a decent day. I had a pretty relaxed attitude considering. Maybe I handled it because I didn't have anything else that absolutely had to be done. In any case, I tried to be really efficient and defrost some chicken to cook up for multiple dinners. Being an optimist, I didn't put it in a bowl or anything. I ended up disinfecting my entire fridge from nasty chicken slime and wiping down everything that had been touching the shelves. Later in the evening, I was on the couch feeding Jacob while the big kids got their pajamas on. Brian went to the basement for a few quick seconds. In our absence, Maddie yelled down the stairs that her pull-up was stinky. I asked if it was stinky or wet (she always says stinky the first time and it's never stinky). She said it was just wet. I told her to put it in the diaper pail and put a new one on with her pajamas. Turns out she was wrong. The pull up was stinky. Then so was our carpet, her legs and it was smeared ALL OVER the diaper pail. I was incredibly grateful that Brian was home. He gave her a bath and got her cleaned up. I spent the next 45 minutes disassembling the diaper pail with a screwdriver and cleaning all the nasty, poop filled nooks and crannies. It was awful, but it is done now. It's really, really clean now and the carpets have been scrubbed. Now we just have to wait for the air to clear. Today I'm grateful for the extra patience.

No comments: