Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Random

I don't know what happened or why, but I was a grouchy mom tonight. The day went well, there just weren't any breaks and I was done with the day about 90 minutes early. So here I sit on the couch with the laptop reading blogs and detoxing from my bad mood. Feels good with a fan blowing on me and silence has finally settled in with three sleepy heads snuggled into their pillows. Random thing happened today that I've been kicking myself about since noon. The bay window has been cracked for a year or so now and we finally got it replaced. After three reschedules, they came today to do the work. When it was all done, the guy told me not to touch the caulk for 12 hours (with all three kids at my feet listening in). I repeated and clarified to the little people NOT to touch the windows until tomorrow. Nods of agreement and understanding all around. Happy mama. I signed off and the guy was leaving when I hollered at him to put a little more caulk in one spot that had a gap larger than I would have liked to see. He said it didn't need it, but he would. As he ran to get the caulk gun from his truck, I leaned over to check it out and see if I was just being stupid and stuck my thumb right into the new, beautiful, perfect caulk. Idiot. I was so embarassed when he came back. He attempted to fix it as best he could, but it just can't be fixed. Again, Idiot. Oh well. Such is life. In some weird way, I know it's good for my kids to see me screw up and admit "Mommy made a bad choice" or "Mommy had an accident." So we'll chalk this one up to my stupidity and let it go. (Except that I'll see it everytime I come home for the next 20 years.) Dispite my foul mood today, I have to award ten points for Brian for rocking Jacob to sleep when I gave up and decided to let him cry himself to sleep. Plus ten more points for making homemade french fries for us tonight. I'm in love with Mali for bequeathing her deep fryer to us before she moved. Of course, now I can blame her if I get fat. I'm feeling random tonight.

1 comment:

Verity said...

Ahh, we all have random days. After being in this new house and taking care of the pool nearly every day for 3 weeks, I had a complete mental block yesterday and had no idea which way the knobs were supposed to be turned on the pool filter. My family just stared at me in disbelief. :)