Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Random

Don't ever send me shopping when I'm sick. Yesterday, despite my fever, I had to pick up a few things at the store. I had an obligation to sew a quilt and have it ready on Sunday. I had almost finished it on Monday, when I noticed that someone had snipped a hole in the fabric. I thought through a million ways to fix it and in the end, I decided that if I were the girl to get that quilt, I would feel slighted. Who wants a messed up quilt? No one. All week I tried to get to the store with no success. Sick kids and tired mommy prevented any shopping. Now being Saturday, I knew I had no choice. Maddie was also within two diapers of running out completely. While technically we could have just switched to underwear and finished off the potty training process, when faced with the prospect of a quick Wal-Mart run with a fever or shampooing the carpet multiple times a day for the next week with a fever, buying more pull-ups was the obvious choice. When I got home from shopping, I realized how dumb it was to go shopping when I'm sick. My family has had pretty bad dinners, heck, meals all week. French toast, hamburger helper, Wendy's take out, scrambled eggs, hot dogs, etc. Before we left for Kirtland, I totally emptied the fridge. We had nothing left upon our return Sunday night and I hadn't been shopping since. So what did I buy at Wal-Mart while I was out? 2 cartons of ice cream, 2 packages of Oreos, 2 packages of donuts, 10 yogurt cups, cottage cheese, sour cream, hamburger buns, hamburger patties, 4 boxes of Capri Suns (that was actually on the list). And of course, 1 1/2 yards of fabric for the quilt and pull-ups. Still nothing of any use for cooking for my little family. Brian had to pull out some burrito makings from the freezer just to feed us today. He's a good man.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

At least you had a good excuse, i often find myself coming back from shopping with tons of food and yet nothing to eat or make for dinner!