Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stealth Stair Climbing

I've really been neglecting to post about all of Jacob's changes. He's growing and changing so quickly. For instance, Brian and I tag team kid duty most mornings. You may interpret that to mean, he stays home from work long enough for me to shower and he gets breakfast moving for the big kiddos. What a good guy. Anyway, Brian had the kids Saturday morning while I jumped in the shower. While I was showering, Brian came in to brush his teeth real quick. The mother hen in me wanted to ask, "Is Jacob in a safe place?" but I refrained. Brian is a smart man. Of course he's safe. Teeth brushing only takes two minutes anyway. After my shower, I went down to the kitchen and received the report from Ben that, "We are a two gate family now." Apparently, in the two minutes it took Brian to brush his teeth Jacob climbed half the staircase and greeted him with a big smile from the landing as he came back down. Now we have the lovely pleasure of having a gate going both up and down the stairs. What a pain in the neck. I can't get anywhere anymore. I'm not casting any stones here. If it hadn't been Brian it would have been me that found little man on the landing. They get fast so unexpectedly!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

My first was fairly disinterested in our stairs, and didn't really go near them without one of us close by to 'spot' her . . . Ellie, on the other hand, makes a break for the stairs anytime we turn our backs! We've had to become WAY more diligent about the gate being not only shut, but locked, with this kid!