Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Electric Bill

I almost croaked when I saw a $623 electric bill for 17 days of service. I try to open the windows as much as I can but sometimes I just need air con! It is hot and miserably humid 24-7 here.

On further inspection $300 was a new account and it includes water and trash all on one bill. Unfortunately that will probably just be the size of our bills here. I hear $600 is conservative. $700 is normal. $800 and up is liberal use of the air con. I've got to make sure we always turn them off when we leave a room for sure now!

2 comments:

KaDee said...

Yikes! Now I feel a lot better about how much we pay. :)

Brent said...

Electricity in this part of the world is pricey, and A/C eats it up. The problem is that the A/C units help reduce the in-house humidity, and a lot of the modern homes aren't meant to have the doors/windows open all the time.

That said, the more you can have your windows and doors open, the quicker your body adjusts to the heat. I spend way too much time inside and never have adjusted, sadly.