Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Politics

I’ve always been interested in politics.  It was great to live near DC where it all happens.  I really love it all.  I think I like it even more here.  We just got notice that Maddie’s school will be closed on Monday, May 9.  Singapore is holding their general elections on Saturday the 7th and in order to increase voter participation they make it mandatory that companies give a day off to their employees.  In my reasoning I think it’s so they can spend the day before researching and make a good choice when they cast their ballot.  Notice however that Maddie’s teachers have the day off two days after the election.  Oh well.

 

I forwarded the email from her school to Brian.  He replied back that he also gets the day off but in the form of a vacation day he can take any day in the year.  Nice.  I love politics!

1 comment:

Brent said...

To avoid having to give people the day off, Thailand usually holds its elections on Sunday. And they ban the sale of alcohol starting the Friday night prior, so there's often some kind of a run on various vendors on Thursday. And looks like we'll get to be here for the next election. Woo hoo!