Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Living the Dream Life - It's Not My House

We do all our own home repairs.  Basically have since we bought our first house in 2002.  Today I typed up a little email detailing all the random stuff that is not working in our place here and sent it off to the agent to tell the landlord.  Things like the air con in two rooms is really, really loud like something is off its track, the back door doesn’t actually lock, bathroom door is warped so bad it won’t shut, etc.

 

Can you say dream life?  If we had bought this place, I’d be making a mental list of all the home projects and fix up things we need to do in order to make the house in good order.  Basically a list of all the things that would suck up all available time on every single Saturday.  Sometimes home ownership stinks.  I had to smile as I hit “send” knowing it wasn’t my problem.  Sweet life I tell you.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

i hear you! we were forced to move mid assignment because the owners returned to their house... we were choosing between 2 new ones and went with the one that involved ZERO trips to our Home DEpot equivalent and ZERO saturdays of work. in college, if a lightbulb was out, you could call 4-work. I have never lost my love of that... although we change our own bulbs here, i love that the rest is just an email away. :-)

Erin said...

LOVE IT!!!!