Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, April 25, 2011

Indonesia Here We Come!

Bintan Indonesia is just a 50 minute ferry ride away from Singapore. My brother and his family are here for just over a week and he promised his kids three new stamps their passports. Singapore. Check. Indonesia. Check. We return Wednesday. Thursday or Friday will be a quick trip to malaysia.

I am so happy here. It's like were finally getting around to fulfilling the terms of our verbal prenup. I got married at the ripe old age of 20 but didn't want life to be "over" then. I wanted to finish my college degree (took 3 more years), work a bit as an engineer (worked 2 years), wait a while to have kids (waited 5 years) and travel the world (only just beginning this one after 12 years marriage). Traveling is much more complicated with 3 kids but still so totally worth the wait.

For the record, Brian had conditions too. We had to have out infamous finance date. It was that day that I was first introduced to the software program Quicken. We had to input every penny we would spend as a married couple each month to make sure we could afford to live as a married couple. It was that day I learned my true value. We ended up $84 in the red every month in our electronic mock up of our life. He proposed anyway and we're still happily in love twelve years, twelve moves and three kids later.

2 comments:

Erin said...

we love you ang! congrats--even if it's not your anniversary, consider this a pre-anniversary congrats. :-)

Verity said...

"Twelve years, twelve moves, and 3 kids later"--I just loved that. And your verbal prenup made me laugh--we probably did something similar but I can't remember the details! :)