Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Did I Really Just Google That?

I just spent the last few minutes searching online for pictures of “lizard poop” so I know what I’m looking for.  Last week I finally bought a vacuum and put down ant bait/poison.  The vacuum has made clean up better than when I swept I guess because I’ve seen almost no ants under the kitchen table all week.  I scraped something black and sort of sticky off the floor earlier today.  Now I’m thinking it might not have been food the kids spilled after all. Ewww!!

 

Today the cleaning lady said I probably have a lizard problem and should get traps for them.  She said she found lots of poop all over the house.  Not sure how much qualifies as “lots” because I hadn’t necessarily noticed any, but then again, I don’t know what I’m looking for. Thus the google search for poop.  Of course I know we’ve got them.  I’ve seen them. Several times.  In the last week I’ve started to see lots of little baby ones too.  And I’ve cleaned their poop off the walls (it doesn’t really come off all the way and leaves a discolored mark in the paint).

 

I also searched a bit for “lizard traps” which all seem to be means of trapping them with something sticky.  Great.  So I’ll wake up in the morning and have to kill all the lizards I caught because if I let them go they’ll come right back in the house.  Plus, I need some lizards around to keep the other bugs away.  I’m not sure how many I need though.  Oh yeah, and do they really eat cockroaches.  We’ve seen some of those disgusting bugs around the house too.

 

I may have to cave and pay for the exterminator after all.  But at $120 every six weeks I’ll see what I can do on my own for a little while longer.  Every new location comes with its learning curves.  This is just one of them.

 

Welcome to the jungle!!

No comments: