Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Why Did the Monkey Cross the Road?

I can’t say for certain, but he was smart to take the overpass railing instead of try to dodge the cars on the eight-lane expressway.

 

Driving yesterday I saw something that made me do a double take.  Approaching an underpass on the expressway I saw a dark silhouette crossing the top of a bridge crossing the highway.  It looked like something I would picture seeing in National Geographic film.  It was a monkey skillfully running across the top of the metal railing. 

 

I still cannot get used to seeing monkeys everywhere.  They are like the local squirrel.  We hear there are squirrels around as well, but the monkeys just appear to be everywhere.  They run around everywhere, including backyards in some portions of the island.  I saw a monkey at the Pottery Jungle (a local pottery store).  Near the cashier is an ice cream freezer.  I understand a local monkey sneaks into the freezer and steals the ice cream.  The shop owner hisses at the monkey to try to scare it away.  The monkey just hisses back. 

No comments: