Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, May 15, 2011

"I'm Not an Expert at Messages."

Some things are just so simple I guess I figure it is obvious.  Friday Ben didn’t have school so it’s the prefect chance to Skype with Anthony in Virginia before the goes to bed.  They didn’t answer the Skype ring on the computer, so I dialed the number and handed the phone to Ben to ask them if they had time to talk tonight or not while I took the stinky diapers to the road for the garbage man.  While I was outside he came out holding the phone in his hand.  This is the gist of how our conversation went.

 

“It just got the message thing.”

“Did you just hang up?”

“No.”

“Then did you leave them a message?”

“No.”

“Um.  Is the phone still on?”

“Yeah. I think so.”

“Then leave a message.”

“How?”

“Just talk in the phone.”

“Huh?”
etc.

The whole thing ended with Ben exclaiming in total frustration at me, “I’m not an expert at messages, Mom!”

 

I checked the call time on the phone at some point and saw that the call was at least 2 minutes long.  That ought to be a funny message to listen to.  I guess I need to make sure I don’t assume too much with Ben, even if it’s pretty simple stuff in my mind.

1 comment:

Lucinda said...

It was a great message, especially since I had already talked to him on my cell phone. You should know that I ignored my hubby but I called you guys back during my meeting :) So nice for the kids to skype, even nicer since my two mostly behaved.