Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good Day

About six weeks ago we ran out of rice. Off to the basement I went to refill the cute glass jar we got for our wedding. I set it down to check which bin the rice was in and bumped it from it's perch onto the hard, cold concrete floor. It smashed to smitherines. It was sad. I cried. (okay, maybe not). So for the last month and a half, this has been my solution:
A burlap bag thrown on the floor next to the bookshelf two steps outside of the kitchen. Classy, I know. I've had it on the shopping list and checked every store I've gone into since. They were always too big, too wide, too tall, too expensive. Today I dropped Maddie at preschool then ran into Safeway to get potatoes to feed our dinner guests tonight. SCORE!
They had these perfect $9 Rice Bins on sale for $3.29. Excellent. So good, in fact, I bought two so I can shift stuff around. Now we're set. New bins. New life. The stars continued to align and look what I did to our countertop.
I found it. Pretty, isn't it? I cleaned it! You can even see the reflection of the fruit bowl it's so shiny!

No comments: